Thursday 26 June 2014

Holt Renfrew Calgary- Private shopping event and charity auction

With the Stampede right around the corner, Holt Renfrew Calgary decided to kick off Stampede season in style!
Holt Renfrew hosted a charity fashion show and live auction to benefit the Calgary Health Trust.

All the proceeds from the live auction and 10% of the proceeds from shopping during the event were donated to the Calgary Health Trust's Best Beginning Program.
The Best Beginning Program helps expectant women in low-income and high risk situations.

The event started with the guests mingling amongst each other. I had the pleasure of meeting Fashion Television host, Jeanne Beker (host of the evening's celebrity fashion presentation and live auction!) She truly has my dream job and it was an honor to pick her brain about the ever evolving fashion industry!

Local Calgary philanthropist and entrepreneur Brett Wilson and I. 
(Fun fact: I went to school with his son...Hi Russell!) 


Holts Calgary Divisional Vice President General Manager, Deb Kerr and I. 


Next on the agenda was the charity auction! 
The items up for auction, in Calgary fashion (of course,) were one of a kind, Smithbilt, cowboy hats made by different esteemed designers!
The designers included: Anzie, Dean Davidson, Ela, Mackage, Paige, Smythe, and Tanya Taylor! 


Jeanne Beker and Brett Wilson in their custom made hats! 


Ann McCaig, Board Chair of Calgary Health Trust, talking about the Best Beginning Program


Jeanne Beker and the auctioneer getting the party/auction started! 


So...I WON THIS HAT. Technically I didn't win it, I had to pay for it, but still. It was my first time participating in an auction, and it's safe to say I got carried away. The hat I bid on was this Mackage hat. Calgary born- international model, Julia Dunstall was the muse. She was nice enough to pose and sign the hat for me! 


To end the night, a Stampede Chic fashion show!

Model's Wearing: Rails top, Tamara Mellon skirt, Chloe bag, Manolo Boots, Marni Necklace.

Model's Wearing: Peter Pilotto top, Tory Burch Denim, Michael Kors Bag, Jimmy Choo Pump, HoH Necklace.

Model's Wearing: Eileen Fisher knit, Cami Tank, Current/Elliott Denim, Manolo Pump, Balenciaga Bag.

Model's Wearing: Brunello Top, Donna Karen Skirt, Prada Sandal, Kate Spade Clutch.

The event was amazing! Money was raised for an extraordinary cause and in true Holt Renfrew fashion, everything was done with impeccable taste! 
I'm itching for Stampede now...I'll definitely be dreaming about all my upcoming Stampede outfits tonight, that's for sure!

Love,
Chloe...YYC Belle 

Follow me on:
Instagram: ChloeCappelletto
Twitter: TheChloeCapp

No comments:

Post a Comment